Hair systems with naturally curly hair can be very unpredictable when customers are trying to create a certain style. Curly hair can sometimes get very fluffy or frizzy. That’s why we have come up with a few maintenance tips that you can share with your customers:
Use a hair system stand
If the customer attaches their hair system on a daily basis and removes it at night when they sleep, they should not cast aside their hair system carelessly. On the contrary, it should be put on a hair system stand to keep the shape of the hair. If the customer has not used their hair system for a long time or they have several units at home, it would make sense for them to put their hair systems in sealed bags because if hairpieces are exposed to the air for a long time, the dust in the air will make the hair messy.
Comb or brush correctly
1) For a curly hair wig, it is better to use a wide-tooth comb, especially for small curls, like kinky curls, yaki curls, and Afro curls. Comb the hair gently and slowly – do not pull or rake it. If the hair is relatively long, you should divide the hair into several segments. Comb gently from the hair tips and gradually move up. Don’t only comb curly hair with a comb as your hand is also a good substitute. Generally speaking, you can use your fingers to simply brush and style your hair.
2) Never brush or comb the hair when the hair system is still wet. Otherwise, the curls will come apart and the hair will become frizzy. Alternatively, use your fingers to comb the hair gently. Be careful with synthetic grey hair as it can tangle very easily if it becomes frizzy.
Wash the hair system correctly
1) Wash the hair system at least once a week. This is especially true for customers who often use hair spray and hair wax to style their hair system. The way to wash a human hair wig is actually as simple as washing your own hair.
First, soak the hair with warm water. This process only takes a few minutes, then add a soft shampoo and conditioner to wash the hair. It is important not to be rough when rubbing these products into the hair. Allow the water to go through the hair and gently rinse out the shampoo. Make sure the hair is flowing in one direction to prevent any tangles.
2) Rubbing, scrubbing, swirling or piling your hair on top of your head while shampooing can be disastrous for curls. This type of manipulation leads to tangles you don’t even want to think about! If the hair is already tangled or snarled, don’t brush it directly with your fingers. Instead, learn to apply a conditioner or hair oil to dry hair before washing.
First, divide the hair into several sections and work the conditioner thoroughly into the hair. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes, then use a rat-tail comb to separate the tangles. Next, wash the hair with shampoo to clean it, after that, apply hair oil or conditioner again to further protect the texture of the hair. One thing to note when washing the hair is that you have to make sure that all shampoo and conditioner are washed out. If there is any conditioner remaining on the hair roots, the roots will gradually corrode and the hair on the wig will shed more and more quickly over time. Again, please wash the hair replacement system regularly; don’t wait until the hair knots before cleaning it.
3) After washing, press the hair with a soft towel to absorb the excess water. Remember don’t use the towel to rub the hair. The hair should be left to dry naturally in a well-ventilated place.
Try to use hair oil regularly
Hair conditioner and hair oil are two completely different things. Hair conditioner can make hair smooth after washing, but not make it strong. Hair oil, on the other hand, can not only make hair smooth but can also nourish hair and repair its texture. Use hair oil every one to two weeks and your hair system will last much longer.
Stay away from high temperatures
1) Don’t use hot water to wash curly hair; warm or cold water will suffice. Some people like using a hairdryer to dry their hair since it can make the hair fluffy and give the hair a good shape. However, customers should be reminded that the hair on the wig is already dead and as it doesn’t have a constant supply of nutrients, high temperatures can reduce the natural moisture of hair by 2% to 3%. Such a reduction makes the hair fragile, destroys the fibrin of the hair, and makes the hair dry and rough. The hair will also lose its vitality and luster, so try not to use a hairdryer to dry the hair system. Let it dry naturally.
2) Don’t do any secondary styling. For curly human hair wigs, the hair has already been treated with acid, bleached and undergone high-temperature dyeing and perming. The hair quality is, therefore, not as healthy nor as strong as raw hair. It cannot withstand more chemical processing; otherwise, the lifetime of the hair system will be greatly shortened. The same goes for synthetic hair wigs because the material of synthetic hair is not easy to dye and high temperatures will make it melt.
Use a soft silk pillowcase
If you wear a hair system in bed, a silk pillowcase needs to be used. Rough, cotton pillowcases can cause the hair to tangle and frizz. A silk pillowcase, however, will help to keep the curls sleek and will help to keep their shape.
New Times Hair is a wholesale human hair wigs distributor and we have a professional sales team on hand to assist you with any matter be it to do with a technical aspect of a hair system or our ordering process. We take great pride in the hair products we produce and you can rest assured of their quality. If you need any additional information after having read this article or any others, then please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.