Hair system products have long become a very favorable hair loss solution for being very natural-looking, comfy, and user-friendly. That is why they have been rapidly gaining popularity among guys from all over the world over the last decade.
However, the hair system installation can get a bit challenging for those who have just started wearing hair systems as there seems to be a lack of stickiness on a brand new base (no matter skin, lace, or mono) for the tapes to be tightly adhered.
Yes, that is quite common feedback many hair system sellers have ever received from their customers. But it does not mean there is something wrong with the hair systems as certain preparation steps are needed to make things work out the way the wearers expect.
- Related: Men’s Hair Piece Installation Tutorial: From Beginning to End
- Related: How to Get Glue or Tape out of Hair Pieces or Wigs
- Related: Why My Human Hair Wig is Shedding and How to Stop it Effectively
Why the new hair system won’t stick?
To step up the glossiness of the hair and make it look more natural and lustrous, hair systems are supposed to go through a special production process called “grease conditioning” before further processes. And that is what makes the base less reactive to the adhesive of the tape.
How to deal with hair system not sticking
Despite that, the grease layer covering the base can be easily removed when following the right clean-up steps as demonstrated in the video below (taken a new skin hair system as an example):
- 1. Wash the hair system starting with applying some shampoo to take off any greasiness and consequently make the tape stickier.
- 2. Rinse it with warm water before applying some hair conditioner to make the hair smooth and soft.
- 3. Use a blow dryer to dry the base (works for both skin and lace base).
- 4. To further remove any grease and micro parts, spray some 96% alcohol on the base and dry it.
- 5. Apply the correct tape according to the wearer’s preference and professional recommendations.
Lastly, the tape fully adheres to the hair system!
New Times Hair is here for you
The above sums up all the clean-up steps needed to remove the grease on a brand new hair system base and therefore make it easier for the tape to tightly adhere to the base.
As a world-leading men’s hair system supplier with more than ten years of experience in this field, New Times Hair has a wide variety of top-class hair systems in different sizes and hair colors. All of them are available at very generous factory-direct wholesale prices that are hard to find elsewhere.
At New Times Hair, we are always looking forward to becoming your treasured long-term hair system supplier. Once you find out what our products and services are like, you will better understand what you can expect from the best hair system supplier.
For any hair system business inquiries, please feel free to reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than glad to assist you!