Grab a FREE women’s hair system from us to get an insight into what the best wigs should be like!
Become a Brand Ambassador
And most importantly – be a part of a supportive and uplifting community of hair replacement specialists worldwide!
Get a Free Trial
Once your application is approved, we will contact you
to ship your free order out immediately, we only request you
to provide a review video and photo.
About Human Hair Extensions
What are hair extensions?
Hair extensions are a bunch or bunches of hair, through different bonding techniques, attached to the wearer’s natural hair or scalp, to achieve a voluminous, full-head-of-hair look.
There are generally two types of hair extensions, professional hair extensions and temporary hair extensions.
● Professional hair extensions include tape-ins, wefts, micro-links, and fusion hair extensions. They are semi-permanent and usually need a licensed hairstylist’s help installing them.
● Temporary hair extensions include clip-in human hair extensions, halos, and ponytails. They are much easier to install compared to professional hair extensions. Wearers can usually put them on and off any time and anywhere they want.
What are the benefits of human hair extensions?
If you seriously consider wearing hair extensions in the long run, human hair extensions will surely be your top option. Their major advantages are:
1. Natural: They blend better with the wearer’s natural hair. Human hair is a person’s bio hair. It blends better with the wearer’s bio hair than synthetic hair does. Synthetic hair has a glare that is hard to get rid of, and the hair just can’t be 100% natural.
2. Durable: Human hair extensions, especially Remy hair extensions, last much longer than synthetic ones. Although slightly more expensive than synthetic ones, they can last 2-3 times longer.
3. Versatile: Natural hair extensions can be styled into more hairstyles than synthetic ones. For example, natural hair extensions have intact cuticles, which allows them to take color with no problem, and hold the color. They behave the way natural hair should.
What are professional hair extensions?
Professional hair extensions, also known as semi-permanent hair extensions, are attached to natural hair through various attaching techniques, keeping the hair looking long and voluminous. Common professional hair extension methods are tape-ins, micro-links, wefts, and fusion hair extensions.
Hair extensions pros&cons
1. Instant length and volume: hair extensions are the easiest ways to add instant volume and length to the wearer’s hair.
2. Long-lasting: hair extensions, especially professional hair extensions, are supposed to last for a long time on the wearer’s hair. Tape in and fusion hair extensions can stay on the hair for around 3-4 months before a touchup, and most hair extensions can be re-applied multiple times.
3. Add shades to hair: hair extensions can add different shades to the wearer’s natural hair without much styling involved.
4. Harm-free: hair extensions are a harmless method to add length and volume to the wearer’s natural hair. For those who often try different hairstyles or colors, hair extensions often cause minimal to no damage to the wearer’s natural hair.
1. High maintenance: with hair extensions on, especially semi-permanent hair extensions, a regular re-fit is a must. If the wearer’s natural hair does grow out of bonds, the wearer usually needs to visit a hairstylist every 3-4 months to undo the extensions and re-install them again. However, quality hair extensions can last over a year.
2. Costly and time-consuming: Hair extensions can also be costly and time-consuming. Fusion hair extensions are an example. The wearer needs to sit in a salon for 2-3 hours for them to get installed, and they need to set a budget of around $ 2,000 each year for salon visits and new hair extensions.
Do natural hair extensions help my client’s hair grow?
If your client typically craves a full head of long, wavy hair, surprisingly, ‘yes’ is the answer.
Properly installed hair extensions do help the hair grow. That’s absolutely right. Correctly performed hair extension procedures help protect the hair from damage and ensure that your clients get the hair length they want.
How much do hair extensions cost?
Permanent professional hair extensions like tape-ins, wefts, and fusion hair extensions are way more expensive, costing anywhere from $600 to $3000.
Temporary women’s hair extensions like halo and clip-in human hair extensions are much more affordable. On the market, the average cost of those hair extensions is between $200 – $500.
How to Choose Hair Extensions
What color do you supply? How can I find the color I need?
Why do hair extensions’ colors sometimes not look exactly like the pictures show?
We have done our best to display the colors of the products shown on this website as accurately as possible. However, because the colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
To improve accuracy, we highly recommend you purchase one set of our color rings or send in either your own color ring or samples of the customer’s hair.
What lengths of hair extensions do you offer?
We have a wide range of hair extension methods. For most methods, we have lengths from 10″ up to 28″. I-Tip keratin, nano ring, I-tip, and Nail-Tip extensions have lengths up to 30″.
How to choose the hair extension length for my client?
Please check the hair extension length chart to choose the hair extension length.
What types of hair do you use for making hair extensions?
At New Times Hair, we only supply 100% human hair extensions. The hair we use for natural hair extensions is divided into three main categories: Remy hair, double-drawn hair, and Indian hair.
Hair thickness gets thinner from root to ends
Same thickness from root to ends
Hair thickness gets thinner from root to ends
● Remy Hair
“Remy hair” refers to all the hair in the hair extension that runs in the same direction, from root to tip.
Because our natural hair is covered in tiny cuticles which flow in one direction, they are arranged like tiles on a roof or scales on a fish. When hair all points in the same direction, the cuticle layer will act like a shiny shield that protects the hair shaft.
Why Remy hair extensions?
Remy hair extensions are a premium kind of hair extension on the market. With all cuticles in one direction, fewer tangles and matte will occur while using. And they will last longer than other types of hair.
All the Remy hair we use for hair extensions is from single donors, which means the hair texture and shape are all the same, giving the wearer a natural, flowy look.
● Double-Drawn Hair
Double-drawn hair is also Remy hair but of the upper class of the Remy hair family.
Double-drawn hair extensions meet all of the requirements for Remy hair extensions listed above: all hair in a bundle or weft has intact cuticles, and all hair in the bundle or weft points in the same direction. The only difference is that all the hair in a bundle of double-drawn hair has the same length.
● Indian Hair
Indian hair belongs to the more economical hair class. It is usually sourced from something other than single donors like Remy or double-drawn hair. One bundle of Indian hair could be from a few random donors. A bundle of Indian hair usually runs in different directions, as do the cuticles. That’s why with new Indian hair, we have to use chemicals to burn off the cuticles. So the hair will get smoother and won’t tangle up. However, without the protection of cuticles, the hair won’t last as long as Remy hair does. Plus, it won’t be as shiny as hair with intact cuticles.
Suppose you need help deciding which hair to choose. In that case, we recommend Remy hair extensions for a reasonable price and ideal hair quality.
Will wearing hair extensions damage natural hair?
Hair extensions will not damage the natural hair and can help it grow when appropriately placed. That’s why we only recommend getting hair extensions installed by professional hairstylists.
What type of hair extension is least damaging to the hair?
Halo hair extension is considered an extension that is completely safe for hair. It sits on top of the head using a translucent silicone wire and won’t weigh down your hair. Besides, no heat or chemicals are required to install them, so they will not cause any damage to the hair.
Hand-tied weft hair extension is another type of extension causing the least to no damage to the natural hair. They are very thin weft that doesn’t add much weight or cause tension to the hair stands or the scalp.
Check out our guide on the least damaging hair extensions for hair to learn.
What are the best hair extensions for fine or thin hair?
How to Use&Care Human Hair Extensions
How long do hair extensions last?
The longevity of hair extension depends on the hair it uses and how well it is looked after. Hair extensions also vary in style and purposes. Their techniques are different from item to item. With proper care, our premium quality Remy hair extension, on average, should last more than a year, with normal Indian hair extensions lasting 6-8 months in contrast.
How often do hair extensions need to be tightened?
Professional hair extensions need to be tightened every 4-6 weeks.
The sooner your client gets her hair tightened, the better. You can recommend that your client get the hair extensions tightened every 4-6 weeks.
On average, a person loses 50-150 strands each day. The hair naturally shed will get stuck in the beads until there’s a chance to brush them out. So the longer she waits, the more hair gets stuck in the beads and resulting in more tangles and stress to her natural hair.
Why do hair extensions get tangled?
Dry hair is usually the cause.
Be sure to suggest your client wash hair extensions using sulfate-free shampoo and using hair conditioner or leave-in to moisturize the hair.
Comb the hair from time to time to avoid hair tangles. Once it gets tangled, comb the hair gently, starting from the tips to the upper part of the hair.
Remy hair extensions have all cuticles in one direction and are less likely to tangle. We highly recommend you use Remy human hair extensions rather than normal Indian hair.
How to stop hair extensions from matting at the root?
● 1. Avoid sleeping with the hair extensions wet.
● 2 Spend ten minutes daily separating the bonds.
● 3. Try not to massage the scalp while washing hair. Slowly stroke shampoo into hair.
Can I dye or color the human hair extensions?
Yes, you can dye or color them just like natural human hair.
It is generally easier to dye the hair into a darker hue than a lighter hue. We prefer dyeing it darker. The hair’s original color doesn’t fade quickly.
If dyed inappropriately, it could ruin the hair. We highly recommend getting the hair extensions dyed by a professional hairstylist.
Self-coloring may give the hair a different tone than what your client wants. If your client can’t access a hair salon, please ensure she always uses high-quality hair products and tests before buying.
Can the human hair extension be straightened or curled?
The wearer could use a hair straightener or curler to style the human hair extensions. But she should never do it too often, or the heat will dry the hair and cause tangles.
How to take care of hair extensions?
● 1. Wash hair correctly.
Your client should treat hair extensions as her natural hair. Use well-branded sulfate-free shampoo and hair conditioner for the hair. Ensure your client washes her hair extensions using warm water, not scorching hot water. Your client should shower her hair, not bathe before it tangles. Let the water flow through the hair. Always focus shampoo on the root of the hair to remove excess oil, and focus hair conditioner on the end of the hair to nourish it. Not the other way round.
● 2. Never sleep with wet extensions.
For this will lead to tangled and matted roots or extensions falling out. Tossing and turning on a bed can mess up the hair extension and the wearer’s natural hair.
● 3. Make sure your clients always brush the hair extensions with care.
The wearer should never brush too harshly, or hair strands will begin to fall out, and the hair will start tangling. Invest in a quality hairbrush, preferably a wide-tooth hairbrush. The wearer must brush her hair’s ends before working her way up. This will cause a minor strain on the hair.
● 4. Conditioning the hair weekly.
Hair extensions are only bonded to the root, so unlike natural hair, hair extensions cannot receive a constant supply of natural oils from our scalp. A weekly conditioning treatment will allow the hair extension to be filled with moisture, keeping it super smooth.
● 5. Minimize heat damage.
Excessive use of heat will make the hair brittle, and split ends will accumulate. No matter how much time and effort you spend on conditioning and nourishing the hair, excessive heat will damage the hair extensions. If you have to use heat, make sure to use it properly. Here are a few tips: Use a heat protectant, turn down the temperature, or take regular breaks from the heat.
● 6. Separate the bonds daily.
This may sound super tedious and time-consuming. However, it takes only a few minutes, and doing it every day will take less time when you become more familiar with the process.
Simply feel the bonds with your fingers, and check that none has been tangled. If they have, try to separate them carefully – sometimes, a small brush or comb may be needed to do this. While doing this, the wearer will have a chance to stop the hair extensions from being matted against any loose or falling hair.
How to store clip-in human hair extensions
Store clip-in human hair extensions correctly between wear can keep the extensions in good condition and extend their lifespan. You can suggest your clients store them in storage boxes, cases, cabinets, closets, dressers, etc.
Tips for storing clip-in hair extensions:
Ensure to store them in a cool and dry place.
Keep them away from direct sunlight.
Ensure that her extensions are completely dry when storing them to prevent mildew or bacteria.
Wholesale Hair Extensions
Why should I choose New Times Hair as my wholesale human hair extensions supplier?
● 1. Multi-functional website allows buyers to order online and quickly get a wholesale price.
● 2. New Times Hair delivers premium quality to your clients with our ethically sourced Remy human hair extensions from single donors.
● 3. Excellent customer service: we are online 24/7, answering your needs. We also have multiple languages available.
● 4. New Times Hair keeps every step of production under close watch and has reduced costs to the minimum while retaining quality. We offer the best wholesale price.
● 5. We offer OEM and ODM, and we ship fast. Most of our buyers receive our products in less than a week.
● 6. As one of the leading hair extensions suppliers in China, we are experienced. Our clients are around 3,000 salon owners, regional distributors, and hairstylists in over 200 countries. We helped a lot of them start a hair business and grow.
Is New Times Hair a hair extension manufacturer or wholesale supplier?
New Times Hair is an original manufacturer and one of the best hair extensions wholesale suppliers in China. We have complete procedures from manufacturing to shipping.
With over ten years of experience in the hair-making industry. You can trust us as your hair extension supplier!
Click to learn more about New Times Hair.
How to buy hair extensions wholesale at New Times Hair
To order wholesale hair extensions at New Times Hair, fill out our wholesale application form to provide us with your business information first. And once we have approved your application, a wholesale price will be calculated for you to check, easy peasy.
What is the MOQ order wholesale hair extensions at New Times Hair?
The minimum order quantity (MOQ) with New Times Hair is three pieces. You will be granted a wholesale price by ordering three pieces of any item.
Does New Times Hair provide private-label hair extensions?
Yes, we have private-label hair extensions. You can request that when you place the order. They are available for reselling, re-branding, and salon use.